Welcome to my very first blog!
I'm so excited that my website now has this great feature, thanks to the team at Etsy, who listened to our ideas about making our websites current and really pro.
Since fall is almost here, there are lots of new events, shows and classes upcoming. I hope you have a chance to participate.
FALL CLASSES AT MULTNOMAH ARTS CENTER, PORTLAND, OR
- I'll be teaching a variety of metalsmithing classes this fall, including:
- Metalsmithing II, Monday evenings starting October 3rd. This 10 week class includes all kinds of surface design and dimensional shaping of metal - from etching, roll printing, stamping/forging to foldforming and press forms using a hydraulic press for all types of hollow formed jewelry. We will also cover the basics of bezel set stones and patina processes.
- Fundamentals of Stone Setting, Monday afternoons starting October 3rd. We will review all kinds of bezel setting for cabochon stones, including partial bezels, tabs and prongs, then move onto setting faceted stones -covering tube set bezels, pedestal settings, prong and basket settings and flush set stones.
- I'll be offering 2 weekend workshops as well, Hydraulic Press Forming, October 8/9, and Clasps and Findings on November 5/6.
- To register for MAC classes, see their website at www.PortlandParks.org, click on the Register Now tab.
- I offer private metalsmithing lessons by appointment, covering everything from soldering, metal fabrication basics to stone setting, enameling, chain making and metal clay. Call or email me for availability. My studio is equipped with all the tools you need, whether a beginner or advanced student.